CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

29 January 2009

Relationships

So, I've been thinking. The overwhelming majority of my relationship up to this point have been with guys. And even though I've been dating Amber exclusively for over 2 years now, I don't consider myself to be a lesbian in any way. I irritates the hell out of me when people try to pin that label on me. It just doesn't feel right. These people don't know my past and are making assumptions based on my current relationship. I know there are probably ignorant people out there who would try to say that I was in hetero relationships in the past just to hide who I really was. Granted there were a couple of times when I felt a slight attraction to some of my female friends growing up but I never acted on those attractions. Just didn't really pull at me hard enough. I can say with absolute certainty that Amber is the only woman I have ever truly loved. I knew I was in trouble within the first month of us dating. I'm sure my grandma is one of those people who thinks I am a lesbian and I just shudder at that term and me being joined together. In all actuality, I think my grandma is going to be my biggest opposition in revealing who I really am, just because of how she has become. Sometimes when I think of the people at work who call me a lesbian behind my back, I seriously think about telling them. But I'm not ready yet. I work with too many uber-Christians. They probably already have some sort of issue with my current living situation now. At least they act normally in a professional setting. I think there will be mixed feelings among my coworkers. There are a couple of people who I think will just blink and say OK but others won't be some accepting. I'll worry more about that when it comes time.

0 comments: