CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

27 April 2009

Binder Review

Okay, so the binder definitely has its pros and cons... I got the 997 Double Front Compression Shirt from ftm.underworks.com. I really like how flat this can get my chest. It is going to be nigh impossible to get a shirt that completely flattens my chest considering I have DD-DDD breasts. The overall fit of the shirt is good. However, the shirt is a bit long for me (kinda short over here) and seems to keep rolling up to a spot a little higher than my hips with movement. My job requires quite a bit of movement, especially up and down and lifting animals varying in weight. It really hurts if I don't get a chance to go to the restroom to adjust things for a while (extra compression on areas that don't need compression). The shirt is really dificult to pull over the head until you get used to it (took me 2-3 days to be able to do it on my own) then it is just a pain in the ass. When I first started wearing the binder, the sides cut in just below the armpits and created rub sores. I was watching one of Ty's early videos (DominoAyeJae on youtube) and he had some tips on the wearing of binders. He wore a tight shirt under the binder and that really helped with the chafing under the arms. Also wearing more layers helped with appearances. I tried the shirt under the binder trick and my skin was so much happier. I do notice a slight restriction in lung capacity (surprise, surprise) but nothing unbearable or even hindering.

So some issues with the binder but an overall good product. It does a pretty good job for larger breasted individuals. When the shirt isn't rolling up or chafing, it is actually semi-comfortable for a binder. Still a pain in the ass having to bind though... Can't wait until I can feasibly afford surgery.

0 comments: